To promote a multilingual opencart website, it is necessary to provide search robots with the correct information about language versions of the site. Opencart has multilanguage features, but they don’t fully satisfy modern needs. The opencart module Store Language will fix some shortcomings of the original engine. In particular, it will be possible to output hreflang in the opencart.
Features of the module:
- Language in the URL
- Ability to set up each language on a separate domain/subdomain (when using multistore; each store should have default language which differs fromf the main store language)
- Compatible with Journal3
- Hreflang output in the <head> section on the pages:
- Home page
- Joural3 blog (home, category, post)
- Journal3 product catalog
- Ability to set up language version for x-default
Pay attention, it’s important:
- The module changes default URL formation algorithms (using OCMOD), so, conflicts with other SEO modules are possible. Please, consult before purchasing or use “Install and configure” service (it includes conflicts solving)
- The module only works with defaul url library (seo_url) and does not compatible with SeoPro (at this moment)
- Added hreflang support to Journal3 product catalog (product/catalog)
- Fixed an important bug in the integration with seo_url
- Small changes in the interface
Added automatic ajax query detector, thanks to which queries are executed in the correct language version of the site.
What's new in Store Language 3.7:
- a new Store option that allows hreflang to be displayed only on selected stores;
- improved work of the language detector in Subdir mode.
How to update:
- Install the module.
- Configure the Store option in the module settings.
Attention! If you ordered an adaptation of the module, please consult before updating.
The module still does NOT work with SeoPro and is incompatible with other SEO modules.